The purpose of this report is to advance a much-needed debate about how to move the UK out of the counterproductive politics of austerity and into the age of the Green New Deal. This is a matter of utmost urgency. If it isn’t introduced rapidly, we are likely to enter another economic slump. A Green New Deal could be implemented now if the political will existed. It calls initially for a £50 billion a year investment programme to boost economic activity, in a way which provides jobs on a living wage in every community in the UK, while reducing our ecological impact.
- Investment in the Green New Deal could revitalise democracy
- From emergency declarations to practical action
- The Case for the Green New Deal by Ann Pettifor; On Fire by Naomi Klein – review
- Funding energy efficiency needs to become a central climate policy for a successful COP in Glasgow
- How to Pay for the Green New Deal: A Briefing