The purpose of this report is to advance a much-needed debate about how to move the UK out of the counterproductive politics of austerity and into the age of the Green New Deal. This is a matter of utmost urgency. If it isn’t introduced rapidly, we are likely to enter another economic slump. A Green New Deal could be implemented now if the political will existed. It calls initially for a £50 billion a year investment programme to boost economic activity, in a way which provides jobs on a living wage in every community in the UK, while reducing our ecological impact.
- The Green New Deal: A Bill to make it happen
- MPs launch Green New Deal Bill for the UK
- The beauty of a Green New Deal is that it would pay for itself
- Economics – A Crash Course: how a failing discipline is doing great harm & needs rethinking
- Ann Pettifor’s ‘The Case for A Green New Deal’, published 17th September 2019