The purpose of this report is to advance a much-needed debate about how to move the UK out of the counterproductive politics of austerity and into the age of the Green New Deal. This is a matter of utmost urgency. If it isn’t introduced rapidly, we are likely to enter another economic slump. A Green New Deal could be implemented now if the political will existed. It calls initially for a £50 billion a year investment programme to boost economic activity, in a way which provides jobs on a living wage in every community in the UK, while reducing our ecological impact.
- Green Recovery Bonds: Funding green homes for all
- Green stimulus plan could create 1.2m UK jobs in two years, says new research from Green New Deal UK
- The need and opportunity for green recovery & why we need ecological interest rates
- It would seem that Green Bonds are in vogue – but we have to get them right
- A budget for a green recovery: A special session of the APPG on the Green New Deal and the APPG on Limits to Growth