The purpose of this report is to advance a much-needed debate about how to move the UK out of the counterproductive politics of austerity and into the age of the Green New Deal. This is a matter of utmost urgency. If it isn’t introduced rapidly, we are likely to enter another economic slump. A Green New Deal could be implemented now if the political will existed. It calls initially for a £50 billion a year investment programme to boost economic activity, in a way which provides jobs on a living wage in every community in the UK, while reducing our ecological impact.
- Time for a genuinely civil, civil contingencies response
- A plan to survive the economic crisis
- The Green Bridge: From Tackling Coronavirus to Tackling Climate Change
- Cross-party letter urges Chancellor to use budget to show climate leadership ahead of UN climate summit
- Green New Deal budget submission 2020: Securing the future