The Urbanist podcast talked to Green New Deal Group member Andrew Simms about origins of the Group, their 2008 report, the challenges that inspired it and the principles that underpin it. Andrew explores the way it is taking off now and asks whether we can take advantage of the revival of interest in the Green New Deal from the US to Europe and the UK, in a timeframe and with the urgency that the climate science tells us is necessary, and finds reasons to be hopeful in initiatives underway at the local level around the world.
- Time for a genuinely civil, civil contingencies response
- A plan to survive the economic crisis
- The Green Bridge: From Tackling Coronavirus to Tackling Climate Change
- Cross-party letter urges Chancellor to use budget to show climate leadership ahead of UN climate summit
- Green New Deal budget submission 2020: Securing the future