The Urbanist podcast talked to Green New Deal Group member Andrew Simms about origins of the Group, their 2008 report, the challenges that inspired it and the principles that underpin it. Andrew explores the way it is taking off now and asks whether we can take advantage of the revival of interest in the Green New Deal from the US to Europe and the UK, in a timeframe and with the urgency that the climate science tells us is necessary, and finds reasons to be hopeful in initiatives underway at the local level around the world.
- The Green New Deal: A Bill to make it happen
- MPs launch Green New Deal Bill for the UK
- The beauty of a Green New Deal is that it would pay for itself
- Economics – A Crash Course: how a failing discipline is doing great harm & needs rethinking
- Ann Pettifor’s ‘The Case for A Green New Deal’, published 17th September 2019