The Urbanist podcast talked to Green New Deal Group member Andrew Simms about origins of the Group, their 2008 report, the challenges that inspired it and the principles that underpin it. Andrew explores the way it is taking off now and asks whether we can take advantage of the revival of interest in the Green New Deal from the US to Europe and the UK, in a timeframe and with the urgency that the climate science tells us is necessary, and finds reasons to be hopeful in initiatives underway at the local level around the world.
- Green Recovery Bonds: Funding green homes for all
- Green stimulus plan could create 1.2m UK jobs in two years, says new research from Green New Deal UK
- The need and opportunity for green recovery & why we need ecological interest rates
- It would seem that Green Bonds are in vogue – but we have to get them right
- A budget for a green recovery: A special session of the APPG on the Green New Deal and the APPG on Limits to Growth